What happens when you arrive home late at night from work or a just-concluded fabulous soiree? You get stuck outside your front door while frantically rummaging through the contents of your handbag for the house keys. You have to shuffle through lipsticks and a sea of receipts and gum wrappers before finally finding the exact items that you were looking for.
If you have been in this struggle, you are not alone. Fortunately, organizing the contents of your handbag is not complicated at all. Just figure out which of the items that you really need to bring and which of them that you can toss away. Not only your handbag will end up neat, but it will also become more lightweight when you carry it.
Ideally, the weight of your handbag should be no less than three pounds and be toted on alternate shoulders during the time you carry it. You don’t have to carry the “whole world” on your shoulders, so to speak. Just bring all the items that you only need to place in your handbag.
Steps on organizing your handbag:
1. Empty all the contents of your handbag. Doing so lets you to see all the stuff that you’ve been carrying around.
2. Decide on which things you will want to keep in your handbag and the things that you would not carry.
For example, you would not rather keep too many coins which may make your handbag heavier than usual. Every week, empty those loose coins into a nice-looking jar or container or convert them into bills at your nearest bank or retail store. You will be surprised how much cash you have stashed and how much lighter your handbag has become.
Another good suggestion: you should keep photocopies of your valid IDs, licenses, and cards in your handbag. You will know whom to contact or what to cancel in case the original copies are lost or stolen.
3. Once you have decided what you want to keep, sort those items by category. For example, arrange all the “stick” accessories – lipsticks, lip balms, mascaras, perfumes in “stick” bottles – in one group, and then books and papers in another group, electronics in a third group, and so on.
4. Place the smaller items in pouches, and inner and outer pockets so that they won’t be left around on the bottom of your handbag.
5. Avoid stacking the items on top of each other. Instead, arrange all of them vertically so that it will be easy for you to find and have access to anything that you might need inside your bag.
6. Place the largest items such as your books, pouches, etc. in the main compartment of your handbag, then fill the smaller slots with items that you can fit (like sunglasses, folded fans, etc). If you take a look at your handbag, you will see everything you need in one place.
7. Have a slim keychain wallet that can hold both your keys and your most used and essential items, such as your company ID’s, credit and debit cards, insurance card, driver’s license, and some bills. It will make wearing your ID’s and making quick purchases a breeze.
8. Most purses come with built-in pockets, But if your own handbag doesn’t have them, choose zipper pouches which you can clump and organize certain groups of items. You can place a group of cosmetics, hair care items, oral care products (portable toothbrush, dental floss, etc.), and feminine products in individual zipped pouches.
Thankfully, there are various types of organizers that will be a blessing to every handbag fiend! Most of the various storage options listed here in this article are stylish but functional and reasonably priced at the same time. It would be helpful to know which type of handbag you’re currently using so that you will be able to find an ideal storage option to fit into it. Check them out:
It has a total of 13 inner and outer pockets, including two large zipper compartments, which allow for easy storage and access to your essential items. It is also machine-washable and comes in various colors and designs.
This small accordion-style file organizer helps you to manage your ID’s, credit cards, licenses, receipts, coupons, and some bills by designating them in each pocket. It has the right size to fit into any handbag, and the colored and tabbed pockets allow for easy identification and access to your most essential items. This expandable organizer will fold in when not in use, saving more space in your handbag for other essentials.
This sturdy and upright organizer is perfect, especially for those floppy bags that tend to fall when they’re empty. This organizer is made of soft but durable felt material. It has several compartments, including a middle section that’s removable so that you can have the option to store larger items. It can keep and organize your cosmetics, perfumes, toiletries, feminine items, notebooks, as well as electronics such as your iPad or Kindle.
These slim leather keychain wallets add to the efficiency of your handbag storage. This stylish PU leather keychain wallet from Cyanb is no different – it holds both your keys and your most used and important items such as several bills, ID’s licenses, credit cards, bank cards, travel rewards cards, coupons, subway pass, etc. It will make swiping your cards or making small purchases quick and easy.
These slim leather keychain wallets add to the efficiency of your handbag storage. This stylish PU leather keychain wallet from Cyanb is no different – it holds both your keys and your most used and imporant items such as a number of bills, ID’s licenses, credit cards, bank cards, travel rewards card, coupons, subway pass, etc. It will make swiping your cards or making small purchases quick and easy.
Stash your pens, notebooks, documents, passports, iPhone, iPad, or Kindle in this simple, lightweight, neat, but efficient folio. It also comes in handy if you have an interview, a finished report to submit to your boss or an important company presentation.
As high technology has become a way of life, electronics such as smartphones and tablets are not just items of vanity anymore – they are now necessities. And so are their accessories such as chargers and charger cables, adapters, USB cables, power banks, and headsets. However, the last thing you want to find in your handbag is tangled charger cables or earphones in a sea of other clutter inside your handbag. Or a misplaced AirPod. The horror! So to prevent your electronic essentials from being lost or stolen, store and organize your electronic essentials in this nifty special case from iMangoo. It is made of shockproof EVA material, which keeps your electronic essentials safe from scratches and impact. It also features a built-in mesh pocket for more storage and smooth exterior for a comfortable grip.