Essential oils are undoubtedly a great addition to any skincare routine. Not only can it relax or pamper your skin, but it can also give you healthy glowing skin. So, if you’re tired of throwing your money down the drain on other ineffective beauty regimens, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll give you the top list of essential oils perfect for your routine, what they are targeting, and why they work their wonders.
Why Use Essential Oils?
Even many years ago, medicines were manufactured from plants. As well as that, essential oils have also been considered powerful healing agents. These volatile compounds are usually derived from roots, leaves, flowers, or bark of plants. The biological properties of these oils are proven to promote hydration, skin health and eliminate bumps or blemishes. More than that, such oils can aid in more serious skin conditions like dermatitis, eczema, or psoriasis. Basically, these essential oils treat these concerns in the most natural ways because of the main reasons below:
- All Essential Oils are Adaptogens: Adaptogens are natural substances that help improve the body’s ability to become balanced and overcome stress. This substance is essential to skincare because most skin issues are mostly the result of hormonal and oxidative stress.
- Essential Oils are Anti-Inflammatory: Inflammations on the skin can be anything from pain, breakouts, bruises, swelling, or redness. Nevertheless, one does not need to freak out since essential oils have anti-inflammatory properties that could tamp down any inflammation without toxic chemicals that are usually found in most skincare relief products.
- Essential Oils Contain Antioxidants: Antioxidants inarguably do wonders for our skin. It is beauty’s best friend and an enemy of wrinkles. With that, antioxidants can help your skin replenish, rejuvenate, and look much younger.
- Essential Oils are antimicrobial: Since essential oils are antiseptics, they help in reducing the risk of infection in your skin. Additionally, these antiseptic properties are much helpful in treating minor injuries.
Top Essential Oils for Skin Care
Lavender is said to be the perfect aromatherapy to relax one’s mind. When applied, it works the same wonders in your skin. As well as that, it helps to calm down the irritated and red skin. In addition, it is effective in reducing discoloration and in restoring your skin’s youthful glow. Furthermore, lavender oils are a good choice for all skin types. It works just perfect for dry, oily, or normal skin and is undoubtedly the best one for skin repair.
Also known as Tea Tree, Melaleuca oil contains antibacterial properties that make it a blemish and fungal fighter. Aside from being antibacterial, Tea Tree oil is also anti-inflammatory and antiseptic. With that, it works well in reducing skin’s redness and irritation. Most importantly, this oil has properties that dissolve oils and dirt that clogs your pores.
Frankincense is a cosmetic used in Ancient Egypt and Sumeria. Back then, ancient civilizations have seen that this essential oil is helpful in rebuilding the skin. Moreover, Frankincense works well in promoting rejuvenation for healthier-looking skin. Since this is an anti-aging oil, it kicks dullness and wrinkles for a more youthful glow.
If your skin care regimen doesn’t include essential oils in it, adding a couple of drops to your products will take them to a higher level. However, one must make sure to add the drop when you are about to apply the product to your skin. It is essential to know that one should not pour drops into the entire bottle because:
- Essential Oils can eat through plastic, so it needs to be in glasses.
- It decreases its potency when poured since some oils may be losing because of evaporation.
- Essential oils are sensitive to light and need to be kept in dark bottles.
With that, adding during application will be your best bet to maintain its efficacy and provide a much better result.
Add it to your Cleanser: Since cleanser is your first step when doing a skincare routine, you can try and add some melaleuca or lavender essential oil for better cleansing.
A drop in your Toner: Next in your skincare line is the toner. Toner should tighten the pores and tone the skin, so the Patchouli essential oil is your best shot for an extra tightening boost.
Moisturizer: Moisturizers hydrate our skin and keep us looking younger. So, why not try and add sandalwood’s nourishing properties to your moisturizer? This essential oil would definitely amp up your regular moisturizer.
Night Cream: Night creams are responsible for rejuvenating and repairing. So, look no further than Frankincense or lavender essential oil’s repairing properties. These two essential oils are the perfect oils to include in your skincare just before you sleep.