We can protect ourselves from the sun’s damaging rays by wearing hats, especially bucket hats because their wide brims can cover our faces, necks, and hair. The greatest places to wear bucket hats are during outdoor activities like hiking, camping, kayaking, and more. In addition to providing UV protection in the summer, they can shield you from the cold in the winter.
A bucket hat is a less expensive solution to protect your skin from heat-related issues like sunburns, moles, hyperpigmentation, and more. In addition to providing sun protection, bucket hats can enhance the look of our clothing. The majority of bucket hats is fashionable and enhances one’s appearance. Bucket hats come in a variety of patterns and designs, and they make wonderful presents for your friends who enjoy outdoor activities as well as 13-year-old females.
What you need to know about Bucket Hats
There is likely to be something here to suit your needs, whether you’re seeking for the traditional bucket hat design or something more contemporary. Let’s examine what to anticipate from this expanding trend and what you should think about before placing an order.
- The brim and crown are typically the two sections of a traditional bucket hat. Your head will be covered by the brim portion, and your forehead will be covered by the crown. Typically, the crown is made of straw or cotton, and the brim is made of wool.
- Some bucket hats also have a pocket sewn into the brim, which makes them perfect for keeping things like keys and smartphones.
- When purchasing a bucket hat, you’ll frequently find a range of hues, including black, navy blue, green, pink, red, purple, and white.
- It’s crucial to remember that these hats do shrink after washing, so before buying, be sure to select the appropriate size.
Bucket Hat Sizing Tips
Although bucket hats come in a variety of sizes and forms, it’s crucial to get the appropriate fit. It’s crucial to make sure the bucket hat doesn’t cover too much of your face and that the brim fits properly. Try putting the hat on backwards to prevent this, and make sure your chin doesn’t stick out excessively.
The majority of bucket hats come in sizes ranging from 1 to 5 inches wide. However, as this depends on the brand, check the website to get the right size. Measure the diameter of your head, multiply by 2.3, and choose the size that will fit you the best.
Where to Buy a Bucket Hat?
Bucket hats are readily available because they are in fashion right now. It can be difficult to choose exactly what you want with so many available styles. Sports and surf shops currently have these hats in stock if you were looking for something more practical than a cotton version from your local main street. Both pre-made and custom-made bucket hats are available at all of these shops, so you won’t have any trouble locating either kind.
How to Style a Bucket Hat?
It’s time to consider how to wear the bucket hat now that you fully understand how it functions. Most individuals tend to adhere to the fundamentals when styling a bucket hat. This entails dressing comfortably and casually while out and about, such as in jeans or chinos. It might even be sage to layer on a t-shirt underneath, depending on the season.
Throw on a denim shirt and jeans
If you choose for a dark wash, a bucket hat with a denim shirt and jean jacket is a straightforward yet fashionable approach to spruce up a conventional ensemble.
Wear a denim coat and pants
Although it’s a little riskier than the first choice, this one is still manageable. If you want to showcase your bucket hat, wearing a denim coat and leggings is undoubtedly an option worth taking into account. You may add a splash of color to your wardrobe whether you choose a conventional cut or something more casual.
Pair a tank top with shorts
Why not wear a bucket hat like you would a tank top or a pair of summer shorts on the streets of New York? This is one of the greatest solutions if you want to stand out from the crowd (or just keep your cool). The important thing to keep in mind in this situation is to layer up by wearing a long-sleeved shirt underneath your tank top and shorts and choosing darker colors for your outerwear.
Pros and Cons of Wearing a Bucket Hat
This list of benefits and drawbacks may be useful if you’re still debating if this hat is a good option for you. If it may help you make a decision, feel free to add your own to this list!
- Sports and street wear options that are adaptable
- Provides comprehensive protection from the sun for your head, face, ears, and neck.
- can be worn both formally and casually
- It is available in a variety of fabrics, hues, and “styles,” giving you more of a choice to feel unique while staying in style.
- Easily packed into a pocket, backpack, or suitcase without losing its shape, making it transportable for vacations and trips.
- Narrower brimmed hats offer less protection from the sun.
- Not all women’s updo hairstyles can be accommodated by it (for example, a high bun on top of the head)
The list of drawbacks is a little difficult to come up with. The bucket hat is one of the simplest hat types to wear and has been a mainstay of mainstream fashion for years. It actually has no drawbacks.
You will be able to adopt this trend if you want to, regardless of whether you have a very limited budget or don’t care about money at all. For those who are brand loyal, purchasing into this trend will probably still allow you to support your preferred labels while also staying true to your personal sense of style given the variety of patterns and designs available.
The bucket hat has been around for more than a century and will be an investment you can use time and time again for years to come, regardless of whether these hats go out of trend with the mainstream in a year or stay in stores for the upcoming seasons.