Your hands can get dry and rough due to different reasons. It can be because of the cold weather, frequent washing, or being in contact with chemical products. If you live in a place with hard water, your hands can also become dry and rough because washing them with water that has a high concentration of minerals can remove the natural moisture of your skin.
If you notice that your hands are always rough and dry, then using the best hand moisturizer is one of the best ways to repair damage and exfoliate rough patches. However, not all hand moisturizers and creams you see in the market are created equal. There are some that can hydrate your hands and lock in moisture to keep your skin soft and protected, while others are best at healing the skin.
If you’re looking for good moisturizers to either heal your dry hands or keep your hands hydrated, then you’ve come to the right place. Today, we are going to give you a list of the best hand moisturizers that will keep your hands hydrated and looking good.
Different Types of Hand Moisturizers
Hand moisturizers come in different forms, and here are some of them:
- Hand Lotion: This can be the most lightweight among the options, and hand lotion can provide light hydration to your hands to keep them in good shape. Hand lotion also works well in warmer weather, and it is great for those who are not prone to especially dry skin.
- Hand Cream: A hand cream has a heavier consistency compared to a hand lotion. It can provide a great deal of moisturization to the hands, as well. If your hands get dry in colder weather, then using a hand cream is perfect for keeping them moisturized and hydrated.
- Ointment: A hand ointment has the thickest formula, and it can provide intense hydration and protection for your hands. It is a good choice for people who have cracked skins on their hands due to super dry skin. It can work well in both cold and dry climates.
Things to Look Into when Buying Hand Moisturizers
When you go to the store to buy a hand moisturizer, here are some of the things you can consider to be able to choose the best one:
- Exfoliation: If your hands have flaky skin, it’s great to choose an exfoliating hand moisturizer. Try to look for those that contain alpha-hydroxy acids that can help your skin shed dead cells, making them softer and smoother.
- SPF: It is really great if you can find a hand moisturizer that has SPF because your hands are also at risk for sun damage as your face is. Look for a hand moisturizer that has an SPF of at least 30.
- Container: Hand moisturizers usually come in squeezable tubes, which are great because it’s easy to dispense the right amount of the product. There are also hand moisturizers that come in pump bottles. However, try to avoid those that come in tubs because germs can get inside the jar when you dip your fingers in them.
- Fragrance: A lot of hand moisturizers are scented. However, for people with sensitive skin, artificial fragrance may irritate their hands, especially when they are already dry, itchy, and cracked. If you know that you have sensitive skin, it’s better to stick with fragrance-free hand moisturizers.
The Best Hand Moisturizers You Can Buy Today
After knowing the different types of hand moisturizers, and the things to consider when buying one, here are some of the best ones we can recommend:
This hand cream is a skin protectant that helps repair, restore, and protect skin from harmful irritants. It is made with three essential ceramides that help restore and maintain its natural protective barrier. It is formulated with hyaluronic acid to help retain your skin’s natural moisture, and as well as niacinamide to help calm your skin. This hand cream is gentle on the skin. It is not irritating and is water-resistant and fragrance-free.
This hand cream is concentrated, and it can help heal, relieve, and repair extremely dry and cracked hands. Aside from that, it also creates a protective layer on the surface of the skin, which boosts moisture levels instantly. It can also help prevent further moisture loss. You can apply it to your hands after handwashing, bathing, and before bedtime.
This hand cream will leave your hands soft, smooth, and healthily moisturized. It is made with shea butter, cocoa butter, and avocado oil. It nourishes and hydrates hands that are dry, aging, or cracked. This hand cream is made using high-quality products from natural sources. It means that it will work even with sensitive skin. It does not contain irritating parabens, dyes, or phthalates. It also has a pleasant smell that will uplift your spirits with every application.
This is a hand spa kit that includes almond milk hand cream, lemon butter cuticle cream, and a pair of cotton gloves. The hand cream it includes can repair tough, dried-out skin, especially after the harsh winter months. It is made with all-natural ingredients and is formulated with sweet almond oil, aloe vera, vitamin E, and botanical oils. It is also a perfect gift for your friends and loved ones.
This hand cream is made with shea butter, almond extracts, and coconut oil. It has a rich texture that will leave your hands soft and smooth, and you can apply it as often as needed. It is used for its soothing and softening effect, especially on dry and sensitive skin. It will form a protective barrier on your hands, keeping it moisturized through several washes. It also absorbs quickly and leaves no oily residue.
This hand cream is specifically made for hands to help repair dry skin. It is fast-absorbing and non-greasy, smoothening the skin immediately and providing the moisture that your skin needs. It is free of fragrances, parabens, and dyes. It will leave your hands noticeably softer and smoother, even after just one application.
This hand lotion will soften your hand without the greasy feel. It is made specifically to moisturize dry hands. This hand lotion also has a lavender scent, leaving a special scent for your entire home. It is made with shea butter, almond oil, essential oils, and other high-quality ingredients that can soften your dry hands. It is made without parabens or formaldehyde, and it is cruelty-free as well.
This hand cream is formulated for dry, chapped hands. After using this product, your hands will feel soft and smooth. It is a concentrated hand cream that is long-lasting and glycerin-rich, healing dry hands fast. It is also fragrance-free, which is perfect for those with sensitive skin and allergies.
This product is designed for dry, cracked, and chapped hands. Its rich, non-greasy formula can help in removing tough, calloused skin, and heal unsightly cuticles, as well. It includes macadamia nut oil in its ingredients, which helps in softening and moisturizing skin. You can apply a small amount of this cream to your palms and backs of your hand every time they feel dry. It can also work well on rough feet.
This hand cream is a combination of shea butter and coconut oil that will give your hands a non-greasy but super moisturizing feel. It is made with virgin coconut oil that is rich in vitamins A, C, and E, and also provide nutrients that will keep your hands and cuticles protected. It can help smoothen and restore dry, cracked, and chapped skin.
These are some of the best hand moisturizers we can recommend. Keeping your hands moisturized is indeed important if you do not want them to end up looking dry and chapped. We hope the information we shared will help you find the perfect hand moisturizer for your skin.