For a lot of women, an outfit will not be complete without a gorgeous designer bag. However, if the usual designer bags are a bit too stuffy or fussy for you, then maybe a Kate Spade bag is perfect for you. Kate Spade’s designer bags are fun and approachable, and they offer all the sophistication that most women are looking from a designer accessory but with a more modern flair. Plus, they are less expensive compared to other designer bags.
Kate Spade or Katherine Noel Valentine Brosnahan Spade was the one who founded the brand Kate Spade New York. She was an American fashion designer and entrepreneur. However, when she died in 2018, she was no longer the owner of the brand. In 2007, she left her self-named brand after it was sold to Liz Claiborne Inc. Then, in 2017, the brand was purchased by Coach Inc. for $2.4 billion, and it is now called Tapestry Inc., which is also the parent company of Coach and Stuart Weitzman.
Kate Spade was able to leave many wonderful handbag designs in this brand, which many people still love in the present time. That is why today, we are going to give you the styles of handbags designed by Kate Spade.
The Sam Bag
The Sam style of handbag designed by Kate Spade in 1993, was one of the first ‘it’ bags of the 90s. Up until today, it is still known as one of her most iconic designs. This handbag has a sporty, utilitarian, and timeless look. It has a shot to cult status and was able to establish Spade as a household name. Kate Spade New York officially reissued the Sam handbag in a range of colors and sizes in January 2018, when they celebrated their 25th anniversary.
Here are some of the different kinds of Sam handbags you can find today:
- Kate Spade New York Sam Nylon Satchel in Rich Navy: This handbag measures 8 inches high, 10 inches wide, and 5 inches in diameter. It is made of nylon with matching trim solid faille lining style. It has a zipper closure and features one interior zip pocket and one slip pocket, as well.
- Kate Spade New York Thompson Street Sam Tote Bag: This one is a minimalist style Sam handbag by Kate Spade New York. It feels both modern and luxe in a chic boxy shape. This handbag will work with any look.
- Kate Spade New York Women’s Heart It Sam: This handbag has a color block design with half hear along the front with stud accents. It has the brand name and spade hardware in front, too. Love is in the air with this stylish Kate Spade New York Heart It Sam handbag.
- Kate Spade New York Washington Square Mega Sam: You can keep your beach day casually chic with this stylish handbag. It is a large Sam style handbag that is made of cotton with genuine leather trim. This bag will surely fit all your beach essentials, such as clothes and towels.
- Kate Spade New York Sam Large Pocket Leather Satchel: This is a large bag that could go with everything from jeans to a cocktail dress. It can fit a 13-inch laptop with its open-top design. It comes in soft fawn color and is made of pebbled leather. It features two large exterior open pockets where you can keep smaller items like wallets, keys, and more.
Floral Printed Bags
Floral patterns are a trademark of Kate Spade. They can be hand-painted, printed, or embellished. They are usually pastel in color and have dainty florals everywhere. Here are some of the floral printed bags by Kate Spade that you can get today:
- Kate Spade New York Dawn Breezy Floral Satchel: This is an elegant floral-printed handbag that is perfect for women who are always on the go. It is a lightweight but very roomy handbag that is made of leather with nylon trim.
- Kate Spade New York Arch Place Mya Breezy Floral Leather Tote Bag: This is a leather open top reversible tote bag that has a cute floral print. It is attached with a removable top zip pouch that is 7.75 inches long and 5 inches high. This bag also has a handle drop length of 9.5 inches.
- Kate Spade New York Reiley Laurel Way Gardenia Satchel: This is a lovely bag by Kate Spade New York that features beautiful floral prints. It has dual handles and a detachable shoulder strap, as well. It features gold-tone hardware and also has interior zip and slip pockets.
- Kate Spade New York Mya Arch Place Tote Bag: This is a leather open-top tote bag that comes in pink leather color. It is reversible to botanical leather print. It is approximately 12.4 inches high, 18.3 inches wide, and 6.3 inches in diameter.
- Kate Spade New York Evangeline Larchmont Avenue Breezy Floral Purse: This floral handbag features an optional crossbody strap and center zip pocket, making it ideal for all Kate Spade fans. It comes in a gorgeous light metallic silver color with white floral prints.
Kate Spade has also incorporated bows and oversized bows as accents to their pieces. It makes the handbags look charming and youthful. Here are some of the wonderful handbags with bows that you can buy today:
- Kate Spade New York Kirk Park Julita Bow Bag: This handbag features an elegant bow in the front part, and has a gold foil printed Kate Spade New York Signature, as well. It also has one interior zippered pocket and two slide pockets. Its shoulder strap is removable and adjustable, too.
- Kate Spade New York Maise Matthews Street Leather Satchel: This is a lovely handbag that features a large white bow in front. It is made with boarskin embossed leather with gold-tone hardware. It comes with a removable crossbody strap, and it has a zip-top closure.
- Kate Spade New York Henderson Street Sawyer Leather Satchel: This satchel features a gorgeous small bow in front, above the Kate Spade New York signature. It is made with soft pebbled leather with matching trim. It has a zip-top closure and interior zip and slip pockets.
These are the different styles of handbags designed by Kate Spade. All of these handbags are very stylish and have timeless designs. You can use them wherever you are going and whatever style of clothes you are wearing.